Thursday, July 30, 2009

Surgeries....Surgeries....

Just thought I would give a quick update on our family...

I have to have eye surgery on August 28 in Rapid City. I went to see a cornea specialist on Tuesday. His name is Dr. Khachikian. He went ahead and inserted a plug into my tear duct to help keep some tears in my eye since it dries out so fast. He said they will do the laser surgery to laser out the scarring in my eye and then it should hopefully heal correctly so I won't have continuous eye troubles.

Carter is having surgery on August 10. He has to have his urethra dilated. I took him to see a doctor from Rapid in Chadron a week or so ago. He has had numerous wetting accidents so I went to see what the problem was. He doesn't empty his bladder completely when he has to go potty. They did a bladder scan on him after he went to the bathroom and he still had 50 cc's of urine. Dr. Wallers told us that after Carter has his surgery, it should help him with his accidents and get him out of a pull-up at night.

Not much else is going on. Josh is keeping busy with combining when the weather is good. He loves it and stays busy. The girls are currently at a golf tournament here in town. It started at 8am. I bet they are having a great time. :) ***Kylah just got home and she got 2nd place in the tournament. She golfed a 42 in two holes. She says she had a blast!!

3 comments:

˙·٠♥PhAeDrA♥٠·˙ said...

You both are in my prayers. And thanks for the kind words. What you said about memories really helped me to start to put things into perspective. Thanks for being my friend.

Debbie said...

Sorry to hear about the surgeries but hey.........when they help they are wonderful! Good Luck

Brandi said...

Good luck with the surgeries! Hopefully they will take care of the problems. We will keep both you and Cater in our prayers!