Last night Kylah's softball game was cancelled. Kaitlin's games weren't cancelled though so we drove to Rushville in the pouring rain to play ball. We played against Martin, SD and last night was the only night Crawford and Martin could meet up to play, so rain or shine the games were to be played.
The fields were totally soft and soggy. Towards the end of the first game, third base sort of just disappeared. At one point, I heard our coach telling one of our players that her foot was a couple feet off third base. You could see home plate every few minutes if the mud washed off it just right. Many times I looked out and Kaitlin's shoes were invisable. If the ball was hit out towards her at short stop, once it hit the ground it stopped.
The second game was not so bad as it had quit raining by then. It was just getting really chilly and a breeze had hit. By the end of the game, it was drizzling once again and it was nearly 9:30p.m..
The first game we lost 5-8. The second game we won 9-7. The girls had fun sitting on the sidelines under a row of umbrellas. It was a muddy mess but we all had a good time. Of course most of the time we were in our warm Durango. I did sit in the bleachers the second game to help call out plays for the scorekeeper.
Hopefully this rain is about over. We need some warm days to get our garden growing again. The corn seems to be in a pause mode at the moment.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I bet they had fun playing in the mud and rain, but it would get a little chilly that late in the evening! I am ready for the rain to stop so we can enjoy the pow-wow this weekend!
Good for the girls, did they have fun sloshing in the mud? I know my boys would have...every mud puddle they could find. Once they played football with several feet of snow on the field and 6 foot or so on the side lines. It turned out warm and they played in their shorts and had so much fun.
Post a Comment