I have been terrible at keeping up with our family blog. Now that the holiday season is over, I hope to be a little better at posting how life is going for us. We have had a great new year, well until Sunday night. Unfortunately, a driver came down our hill and when he hit the brakes he managed to hit ALL of our vehicles and more. Yep, he crashed into the Durango, Josh's little Focus he drives to work daily, then the mailbox, next was our boat, and finally stopped after crashing into Josh's other car, a Buick Riveria. Josh heard the crash from inside the house. The driver was already walking up to our front door to speak with us. My main concern was that nobody was hurt. That's the joy of snowy, icy roads.
Today we had two adjusters come take estimates and now we are waiting to see what the insurance company has to say, and we will go from there. Josh and I joke about how 'lucky' can someone be to have three cars, a boat, and a mailbox all hit in the same crash. (Most of you know I use a lot of sarcasm throughout life to get through my days. ha ha)
So in the next few days we will find out the damage amount and see what options we have to mend our vehicles. I knew when I put up our mailbox this fall after seven years of it barely hanging onto the post that something would probably happen to it. It's kind of like a mopped floor.... Jody mops and milk is usually spilled within hours or sometimes even minutes to get rid of the clear shine. ;)
On another note, I guess I will list a couple quick happenings in our daily lives.
JOSH
--- Working the night shift since September. It's a job, we can't complain...... too much.
--- Took Carter on his first ice fishing trip today.
JODY
---Have taken up the new hobby of quilting. I LOVE IT!!!
---Read my Kindle daily. It is like a fourth child to me.
KAITLIN
---Played volleyball and basketball. Now waiting for track season to begin.
---Has been having some stomach issues so we are trying to figure those out. (no fun for her, poor girl!)
KYLAH
--- Asks to go to Watiki on a daily basis.
---Has been reading a lot for the wall chart at school. Nearly 1,000 pages so far.
CARTER
--- Is addicted to the PS3 and doesn't like that he has a limit of time we let him play on it.
---Wants to go live with his cousin Jack in Wyoming.
That's pretty much the basics as of right now. I will upload some pictures soon. Hope you are all doing great and staying warm in this frigid, crisp weather!
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Welcome back! I have a hard time keeping up with my blog as well, but I am hoping to stick with it in 2011. I enjoy reading everyone's posts! Stay warm!
Love it!! and Carter is more than welcome to come live with us... except I think his PS3 addiction would only worsen with Zeb around! Love you all! Rachael
Woo hoo for you!! Back to blogging, quilting.. Awesome! I would love to quilt -- and I was thinking I would like to do some cross-stitching.. We'll see what 2011 brings! ~Misty J
Post a Comment