Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy Safe Holidays!

Wow, what an unexpected year of plans changing, being canceled, or being postponed. We were going to go to Gillette on Christmas Day to see Josh's brothers and their families. Of course, the weather put a stop to that right along with so many others' plans. Then we were going to go to Sidney today to my family's Christmas and delayed them until later in the week.

Josh has been out A LOT these past few days helping keep the roads cleared. -We all know that it's nearly impossible with 50 mph winds and snow falling. We were blessed though to have him home all day on Christmas Eve and his boss didn't call him into work until 2pm Christmas Day because he wanted Josh to be home for the kids to open their gifts from Santa and be able to be here for that. We were very thankful when we found out his boss had waited to call so we could finish our family time together.

I took tomorrow off from daycare in thoughts that I would get home from Sidney and get the house cleaned and the decorations and tree taken down. Well since I have had three full days of being stuck at home....(many of you can relate) I have tackled all projects to get done early. So tomorrow I am taking the kids to Walmart to use some of their Christmas money and then we are meeting up with Grandma Dana for some Chinese lunch. Yum!!! My plan today was to eat at the China House but Josh got called into work right as we showed up at my brother's house for his birthday. So we had to head straight home without our Chinese food...=(

When I was in Chadron today I bought some paint to freshen up the living room and hallway. I know a lot of people think I paint way too much but when you have a daycare, things get ruined, dirty, or broken quite often, SO I wanted to tidy things up a bit. I bought a brown that is close to a chocolate ice cream color and a tan with more of a yellow tint called Candle Wax to paint over my tan Frosted Toffee color. It really brightened things up a lot! Josh's mom helped me paint some today and I am planning on finishing the hallway tomorrow. It looks nice! It's just what I needed to get back on track for getting the basement family room painted soon.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and wish you all safe travels this week if you are heading anywhere for the New Year, and of course HAPPY 29TH BIRTHDAY TO MY BROTHER CRAIG!!! ♥

1 comment:

Shay said...

I'm glad Josh was able to be home for xmas. Plus, all the overtime he is getting, I know Matt is enjoying :) Happy New Year and can't wait to see the paint job, I'm sure it looks awesome.