Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Flu..............h1n1

The flu has hit Crawford....hlnl has been confirmed here and a few Influenza A cases. h1n1 is a strain of Influenza A is what our pharmacist told me today. I am not looking forward to this outbreak of sick children and maybe even adults. I have always been consistent with my daycare kids and own children on keeping their hands washed often. Well now, it's even more of a need. I have three happy, healthy children at home who I have to send to school everyday with a chance they may come down with something. Kylah is my big concern for the fact she has had Influenza A twice in her life. Neither time was fun. She was burning up and totally lethargic. It was so sad to see her that way. Anyways...I talked to our pharmacist and she said to watch for any stuffy/runny noses, coughing, fevers, and body aches. If anyone has these symptoms, you have to get to the doctor and be diagnosed and have the first dose of medicine in your system with the first 72 hours of the symptoms occurring for the medicine to be effective.

My sisters three kids have h1n1 and it hit their house hard. Their oldest daughter Abbi has it the worst the way it sounds. Please keep their family in your prayers.

I am hoping and praying you all stay healthy. Good luck!!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

This is so scary for the little ones. I hope you all stay healthy!

beckyw said...

Meggie had the fever, cough, and aches last Saturday/Sunday (her birthday weekend.) SO, was that H1N1?????????????????