Our week has went by rather fast. The girls had games on Tuesday and Wednesday evening so we went to those. Kaitlin's team won against Gordon on Tuesday and the rest we lost. It's okay though. The girls on both teams played very well and the weather held up nicely so I can't complain.
I have been having some eye issues since February off and on. I have that Cornia Erosion in my left eye and it hasn't been healing like it should. I went to the eye doctor yesterday and they put a contact in to help it heal. The doctor told me that if you get a cut on your arm or leg, the body heals from the inside out, but the human eye heals from the outside in. He put a contact lense in as a "band-aid" to help it heal faster. He said it usually takes 24-48 hours to heal but I keep irritating it when I sleep because it keeps drying out. I will tell you, having an irritated eye that feels like there is a bug in it constantly is VERY ANNOYING!!!! I can't read, watch tv, be outside without dark sunglasses, have to limit my computer time, (I am wearing sunglasses right now to type-lol) and it isn't very easy to drive. I had to have Josh's Grandma Noni drive me to my appointment yesterday because my eye was so sensitive to light. It worked out great though because the doctor numbed my eye so we hurried and ate Chinese afterwards. It was delicious as always!
Carter has a T-ball game tomorrow in Chadron in the morning. Then I am not sure what our plans are. Josh's dad and Mary will be busy so they asked us to have the kids feed their bucket calf. They will love that! If my eye is better, I wouldn't mind getting some fishing in later in the day when it is cooling down, maybe around 7pm.
The kids have been selling jerky for a fundraiser for the baseball association. Our girls have sold nearly $100 worth. They have been doing a great job. Over the 4th I will be helping out in the concessions at the rodeo and the girls are on trash duty early in the mornings following the rodeos to help keep it looking nice.
It is starting to get hot outside so I am going to close up the house and turn on the A/C. Have a nice day and a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:
I look foward to watching your tree grow over the years. Did you name it? Also I love the pool photos. Summer Fun!! Hope your eye gets better, I had to laugh thinking of you inside on your computer with you glasses on :0
Post a Comment