Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a great three days off for Memorial Day Weekend. On Saturday, Josh and I went to Chadron and ate Chinese before he went to work. The kids left early Saturday morning after Mary and I walked the trail in to town from the Fort. She took them home to stay until Sunday morning. Josh had to work Saturday afternoon so when he left for work, Josh's mom Dana and I went to Prairie Wind Casino. I didn't have much luck, but Dana did. We had fun and came home after a couple hours of gambling. My favorite machine is STILL out of order and has been for months! After we got back to Chadron, we stopped at Walmart and then went to the Heritage Grill for supper. Dana took me out for prime rib and it was so delicious. All the food was great and I highly recommend eating there.

After supper, I came home and went downtown for a girls night out. Alisha was in town so we went out with a few friends and had many laughs. It was a lot of fun! Then on Sunday morning, Alisha and I walked the trail. Then she had to go back home so I mowed our yard and the neighbor's. Josh had some farming to do with his dad so he did that before he left for work.

Yesterday, we got up and prepared the boat to go fishing. We got everything ready and that took quite awhile, nearly two hours! We got out to Whitney Lake and the wind had started to blow hard so we didn't put the boat in. We didn't feel comfortable taking three kids out into a lake full of white caps. So we ate our sandwiches and came home. We put the boat away and went to the Fort to the ponds fishing. The wind was still blowing hard but the ponds hardly had any waves so we fished for an hour. Then Kylah opened our Durango door and somehow my fishing license ended up in the pond and we couldn't catch it.

I went to the office at the Fort to get a duplicate but nobody knew what to do for sure. (I am sure it's because it's a new season and new employees, totally understandable.) So I left my phone number and asked them to call me when they figured out how I can obtain a new license. For some people, this wouldn't be a big deal, but our family fishes a lot.

We came home and decided to plant a tree in the backyard. We removed the clothes line pole (it has a 2+ foot cement block attached to it) so that took awhile. Then we planted our tree where the pole was. Now it is raining a lot so I hope the tree lives.

Our weekend was fun and we ended it with a BBQ with our neighbor Linda. We had bbq chicken and corn on the cob.

Hope you had a great weekend! Now it is raining and I hope it stops soon so Kylah's softball game doesn't get canceled tonight.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Sounds like your weekend was busy but lots of fun! Maybe my mom can help you out with your fishing license. She was off yesterday, training today, but tomorrow she should be back in her office. Hopefully they can get you a replacement for free!

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

Jody and family-- I am glad Josh is home again. I have been so busy with things with family I haven't gotten to read up on blogs for a while. It sounds like you have been busy and having fun! Glad you had a good long weekend, too!