Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's Getting Closer

It's getting closer...the time when I send my youngest child off to preschool. Carter is very excited to attend this fall and I am happy for him to go, but am also very sad about it. I thought sending your first child off to school was hard but I think the last may just be a bit tougher.

I was asked by numerous parents last fall why I didn't send Carter to preschool. One big reason, and I know it's selfish is that I started daycare nearly nine years ago so I could stay home with my children and raise them until school began. I wanted Carter home another year. Another reason is I just don't see the point of my son being in school for 15 years instead of 13. I had a hard time thinking he would start school at age 3 and be there thru age 18.

Anyways, now he is so excited to go and I am trying my best to be happy for him. He loves art time with paints, colors, cutting paper, etc. and singing so I know he will enjoy it.

Hope you all have a great day. It is raining here and the grass is growing fast.

No comments: