Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday

It is so quiet in my house at the moment. Josh and Carter are out helping Gramps at his place and the girls are at a birthday party. So, now I am sitting here wondering what to do with my free time... I don't get that very often so it's always hard to decide what to do. I thought I would start with adding this post.

Kylah and I have been working this weekend on her school project. She is the Student-saurus of the week starting tomorrow. Her class theme this year is dinosaurs. For this project, we collect things about Kylah to put on the bulletin board in her classroom for the other students to see all week. Then on Friday, Kylah gets to tell about everything she has on the board.

Last night we printed off a bunch of pictures of her along with family. We cut them out and then put them on construction paper. It was time consuming because our family is so big so she has a lot of pictures. Then we printed out a colorful page of her favorites: food, color, sport, etc.

After we got her board stuff done we put some pictures of Kylah into two small photo albums from birth to present day. It was a lot of fun! I am very disorganized with our family photos and haven't started scrap booking ANY of them yet so we had ten years of pictures to go through. The whole family enjoyed the memories and surprises on how much everyone has changed. That is why is took so long- we were reminiscing:)

I get to go to school tomorrow morning to Kylah's classroom to help her decorate her bulletin board. I will be sure to take a picture of it and post it for her. She is very proud of it. One thing she kept saying when we worked on it was how much she missed everyone and can't wait until Christmas to see them all. That is how we are all feeling. The countdown is on in our house to see our family. We cannot wait!!

I am off to read my book and take a nap. I know, sounds boring to you, but sounds wonderful to me!

No comments: